Vinyl Siding Pros and Cons
Since 1960, vinyl siding has become a popular option among homeowners in Wheaton and North America overall, for a beautiful home exterior that is versatile and cost-effective.
Let’s look at what makes vinyl siding installation beneficial for your home and what may cause you some concern at the same time.
The Benefits of Vinyl Siding
- Non-Fading Color: Today’s vinyl siding in Wheaton can withstand the varying weather conditions throughout the year. Its durability allows for the color you choose to last a very long time.
- Curb Appeal: With styles that can mimic wood and an array of colors to choose from, vinyl siding can provide that perfect look you’re after.
- Inexpensive: Compared to some other siding options, vinyl siding offers a great way to upgrade your home on a low budget.
- Durable: As a dent and water-resistant material, vinyl siding offers excellent protection from the elements.
The Drawbacks of Vinyl Siding
- You Are Stuck With What You Choose: While some other options, like wood, can be painted if you decide to change your mind about color, vinyl siding cannot be altered. Once vinyl siding installation is complete, the only way to change it is to remove it and install something new.
- Not Water Proof: As noted, vinyl siding is water resistant, not waterproof. Water can penetrate any weak spot in your siding and cause mold. Checking your siding regularly should become a habit.
Speak to a professional siding contractor in Wheaton to find out if vinyl siding is right for your home.